Wednesday 3 August 2011

Sencha revised...

Sencha Blouse Front
This afternoon I finished the Colette Sencha blouse.  It was the last project that I had cut and ready to go from the July line-up.

Taking into account the fitting issues I had with the last Colette pattern I sewed with, I decided to trim the blouse pieces down to a size 10. At this size the bodice fit well at the bust and shoulder seams. I'm generously proportioned in the mid-hip section so it didn't leave much room to include the tucks from the bodice hem. I'm okay with that, and I'm happy with the revised fit the way it is.

Buttons! Sencha called for five buttons down the centre back opening.

I was considering digging through my button drawer to see what bright coloured buttons I could find to go with the print.





And this is what I came up with. Can you guess what I chose?

The buttons that I finally chose were not bright at all!  They were the frosted pink ones.

I had two sizes and much to my surprise I was drawn to the larger buttons.

Nothing at all what I thought I would pick. Sometimes I surprise myself.

William's suggestion of self-covered buttons would have been really nice too. I can always change them up if I get bored with the frosted pink ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...