Friday 12 August 2011

Vogue 7794...

Well, onto the second dress in my latest list of projects, Vogue 7794.

I'm a wee bit nervous about this one. It has a front zipper closing and it is an invisible zipper. I'm ready for this.

You see, I went crazy and splurged on new presser foots this week. One of them was a proper invisible presser foot for my Janome. I think, I can throw out that old plastic one I was using and get down to some serious business.

The pattern has been adjusted according to my short petite stature, and it is cut out without any scraps left over. So I better be careful!

It is a light weight gray suiting. The fabric is quite nice to the touch, the photos don't do it justice. Sorry about the grainy look to the photos.

The facings are interfaced.  Just need to trim these down.


And the bodice front pieces are being sewn and top-stitched. I don't think that I'll be able to cut corners on the ironing for this project, drats!


But that's enough for tonight... Have I mentioned that I'm not a fan of ironing?  Anyway, maybe I'll accomplish more tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...