Saturday 20 August 2011

Snubbing Ready-to-Wear...

I think I'm becoming a bit of a snob.

I don't know how it happened but I was shopping this morning with Mama R. Actually, we weren't shopping, we didn't buy anything. There wasn't anything that we wanted to buy, not even at 70% off.

Mama R and I were looking and observing that we could construct what-ever garment in much nicer fabric and with sleeves!

And do retailers actually think that people will purchase damaged merchandise just because it has a designer label and a 70% off sticker? Seriously, people.

Although it was an interesting outing, it made me think seriously about the gift and equipment that I have at my disposal. I have to stop buying ready-to-wear (RTW) clothing. It is really sad out there!

So that is my vow... no more RTW clothing for me and Mama R. We deserve the best and it's not found in the stores.

Thank goodness for Fabricland and Mitchell Fabrics.  I think I can do this. Well, except for a Donna Karan undergarment now in then. Eww, I really am a snob.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...