Friday 26 August 2011

Winnipeg Tweed Ride

Winnipeg's Second Annual Tweed Ride is around the corner. September 11, 2011 to be exact.

I wish I could attend but the starting point is at Assiniboine Park and the ride is about 10 km into the downtown. Yeah, not going to happen no matter how much I would like to participate.

You see it would mean a 34.5 km to get to the park and back even before the 10 km leisurely bike ride. And driving to the park with my bike? Well, just plain silliness. Besides, my post-accident knee won't be able to handle the 20 km there-and-back ride no matter how leisurely it is.

I do think that checking out all the tweed attired riders and taking some photos might be in order? A perfect excuse to get to the park and enjoy the gorgeous fall colours that are about to appear. And maybe brunch afterwards.  Now what to wear for the occasion?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...