Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Sew Weekly Challenge

Did you see the challenge this week at The Sew Weekly? It is all about the seventies, love it or hate it The Sew Weekly folks are trying to inspired and update the seventies look for the 21st century. The seventies look? There were so many looks, where to begin!

I grew up in the seventies... ah, an age of innocence, well as innocent as Pink Floyd and Peter Frampton can get, until I discovered punk in my final year of high school.

I'm proud to say that I was no disco baby and there are no glitter skeletons in my closet.

But there are some authentic seventies patterns that I was able to dig up.

Do you want to have a look?



McCall's 6443, Tunic, skirt, and pants. I purchased this pattern through my home economics teacher during my high school years. I can't believe that I have held on to these patterns.  Circa 1978.


McCall's 6159, vests, circa 1979. Another home economics class pattern. I remember vests were big in the seventies.  


Vogue 9646, jacket. Second-hand store find.  


McCall's 6436, skirts, circa 1979. Another home economics class purchase.


Simplicity 5048, Men's western shirt, vest, and pants, circa 1979. Very Dukes of Hazzard don't you think? Mama R used this pattern to make shirts and vests for my brother back in the day.    



I don't know, will this be the week I participate in The Sew Weekly challenge? I'm tempted!



2 comments:

  1. Love these patterns! I think I especially love the graphics on the 70's patterns!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I kept them all these years. I think I'm going to try to re-size the McCall's shirt and vest for this week's challenge, see if I can get it done in time.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...