Tuesday 9 August 2011

Pretty pintucks!

I've had a renewed excitement about pintucks ever since I read Gertie's "Playing with Pintucks" and stitch-along posts.

{source}
I love the look of pintucks like can be found in this vintage dress! You don't see workmanship like this in RTW clothing.

But I shouldn't talk about RTW because the last time I made pin tucks on a garment was when I made Vogue 2789.

The pintucks on the blouse were marked on the fabric and stitched on the sewing machine using a single needle and basic presser foot.


I made all these twenty-six pintucks before I had in my possession a pintuck presser foot! It took quite some time but I think it was worth it.

It was Gertie's curve tucks experimentation that make me run out to get a pintuck foot!

So when I found myself on the other side of the river running some errands this afternoon, I had to stop into Quilt as Desired. They carry accessories for my Janome sewing machine.

I can't wait, this is going to be fun!


1 comment:

  1. I've never tried to sew pintucks myself but I always think that they look wonderful - I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on with your new pintuck accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...