I had some sewing plans this month. How many were crossed off the list?
Make a sweater or two with Simplicity 8529.I actually make two. One was my toile and the second version has received a lot of wear throughout the month.
- Make that beautiful Paco Peralto skirt, Vogue 1567. I didn't get around to this project yet.
Make Vogue 9268 in a cotton knit fabric. I can cross this one off the list but I'm not 100% thrilled with my fabric choice. Don't get me wrong, I love the fabric. It's just that Vogue 9268 needs a fabric with some drape. Even though I do have cotton fabric that has some drape I went with a beefier cotton batik that had a generous width. There will be another remake in the future, I'm sure. In the meantime, I been wearing my new dress. No need for it to go to waste.
And there were more sewing projects that got made this month.
I'm happy to report that I have managed to stay away from RTW clothing besides the odd window shopping. It's a good confidence booster when you see something in the store and know that your sewing skills have improved to the point that you can chose better quality fabrics and sew with techniques not found in RTW garments. The fabric fast failed but in my defence I picked up fabric for projects for others.
Quantity Used from the stash this Month
Quantity Used this Year
Added to the Stash this year
| 17.9 metres|
Hook and Eyes
Pattern (previously used--TNT)
Sewing machine needles
So what do I have in store for next month?
- I would really like to work on that Oki Style shirt pattern I picked up last year.
- Vogue 1567 is still on my wish list. If I make it in the red plaid silk I have in my stash, it would be something that I can wear to the theatre in a couple of weeks. And it will be a fun Christmas skirt.
- I want to finish that wool coat, another version of OOP Vogue 8934. It's cut out and started, I just have to focus on it.
- And finish off a jumpsuit, it's almost done.
- And there are some Christmas sewing projects in the works as well.
- Oh and I have a few posts coming up about Make Something Week sponsored by Greenpeace and Fashion Revolution. Stay tuned.
On that note, I should get to work. Happy Sewing!