Saturday 6 August 2011

So much to sew...

I have one more month left before my summer lay-off is over. Unless I'm lucky enough to be offered a full-time job before then... but that is a whole other blog. So, I have been busy getting ready for the upcoming change in my schedule.

I've been pinning, cutting, and organizing. And this is what one of my sewing drawer looks like, and a peek of what is to come.












Project #1:  Dress

Vogue 7794 has been in my pattern stash for a long time and finally I got around to cutting it out. I think it would be good for work. I'll be sewing Version A with the 3/4 length sleeves.

The dress has a front zipper closure, so I better not mess this up! Or at least tackle it after a cup of java and some good tunes. I would love to put an invisible zipper here.

I picked a light weight gray suiting for the fabric, it looks black behind the photograph with the pattern.

Project #2:  Another Dress 

Vogue 8577. I thought this would also be nice for work. And with those big pockets I should have no excuse for misplacing my keys!

The fabric is a silk/cotton blend in plaid that I picked up many years ago when I lived in Toronto.

How I miss fabric shopping in Toronto.

 Project #3:  And another dress!  

Okay, don't laugh but the fabric is a stretch velvet. Yes, it has been sitting in my fabric stash for quite some time.

It's green, lighter than it is showing up in the picture.

Anyway, the plan is to sew Vintage Vogue 8728 using this fabric.

I think I will try the snap closure in the side instead of a zipper. I'll see how it works out.



Project #4:  Yup, a Dress!

Vintage Vogue 2787 may look familiar as it was one of the patterns featured in the pattern give-away.

The fabric is 100% polyester black and white floral print.









Project #5: Top

I just finished making this top in a ivory colour embroidered cotton and like it enough to want another one!

The fabric is a bit dressier than the cotton. Here is a close up.






Project #6: Housedress!  

You guessed it, Mama R is requesting another housedress.

This time I'm going to try Simplicity 2372. No zipper or button closures. I think I might like this pattern!

The fabric is 100% cotton. I think the print is just too cute. If the pattern fits well, Mama R already has a crepe satin fabric in mind for a repeat performance.  




Project #7: Jumper

Simplicity 3673 Vintage (re-release) jumper.

I read a review somewhere in blog-land that the pattern has a generous amount of ease. I'm okay with that, as I have my fingers crossed that it works out.

I have View A cut out (the one on the right).







Project #8: Another Top

Vogue 8534 top is cut out in a blue knit.

I re-shaped the pattern so the bottom hem has a bit of a flare.

Fingers crossed it turns out. But I'm okay if it needs to be tweaked or recut because I still have enough fabric to cut out another.







Project #9: And Another Top

Vogue 8737 is cut out in black wool.

It is an interesting pattern, the front and back are cut out from the same pattern piece.

I can't wait to see how it turns out.









Project #10: Skirt

And yes, I know I have three versions of this skirt in my closet. But I don't have a black one.

Vintage Vogue 2885 is the most comfortable skirt that I have in my closet right now.

Would you believe that it is actually an A-line skirt?







Project #11: Baby Shower Gift

Yes, another baby jumper!

I love this McCall's pattern, I lost count of how many of these I've made over the years.











Project #12: And of course, the Winter Coat.

I've already introduced this project. It is not cut out yet.

I'm still reading up on coat construction techniques and words of wisdom found in blog-land.

I hope to feel confident enough to cut and start working on this early autumn. Will see.












Well that is it, the eleven sewing projects sitting in my sewing drawers that will keep me busy for the next little while.

Before then, I have to break out a glass of wine, the vacuum and tidy up. Now, what am I going to do with all these scraps of fabric? And how about you?  Are you getting ready for some fall/autumn sewing? Or are you waiting for the autumn selection of fabrics to hit the fabric store shelves?

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a great list of projects! I am especially looking forward to the velvet dress and the red jumper!!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...