Monday 15 August 2011

Vogue 7794... finished!

I don't have a photo where I'm wearing the dress and taking a photo on the dress form well, it didn't quite cut it. I'll try to post some pictures later.

Here a peek at some of the details that I like.

The bodice front has an invisible zipper and I'm quite happy that it worked out. The most important tip I've learned while making this dress has to be to invest in a invisible zipper foot made for your machine.

The inside has front and back facing so that it can be worn open.

Edge stitching on dress front
If I were to change one thing it would be to chose a lighter weight interfacing.

I'm even curious how it would turn out without interfacing. I know, scandalous. But I still wonder.

My favourite feature of the dress has to be the edge stitching throughout.

Edge stitching on dress back
It was time consuming but I'm pleased with the look.

The biggest surprise was the dropped armhole.

Don't ask me why because it is obvious from the pattern drawings and illustrations.



Would I make it again? For sure! This one will be appropriate for work and the upcoming autumn season.

The next one, maybe in a less serious colour, in a light weight denim or cotton twill. And I think I would tweak the armhole so that it appears more fitted.  




2 comments:

  1. LOVELY invisible zipper! I really need to invest in an invisible zipper foot! This looks like it turned out fabulously! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debi. I would really recommend the investment, it is my new favourite sewing tool. I'm kind of disappointed that I don't have an invisible zipper for the Vogue 2885 skirt I'm sewing right now (I promised myself that I would use what I have on hand). I can't wait to sewing another one in though, having the foot meant for my machine made it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...