Wednesday 10 August 2011

Sweet as Cherries!

Simplicity 2372 was the latest pattern that I used to make a housedress for Mama R.

The dress was super easy to put together, it was ridiculous.

No zipper or buttons, just a nice pullover dress.

The short sleeves has shoulder darts and a narrow hem. The raglan sleeve attaching to the dress front and back has pleats.

No pleats found in the back neckline, but there are four pleats from the front neckline.

The dress is made in 100% cotton print. The print is lemons and cherries. I think it is quite sweet, sweet as cherries.

The only alterations to the pattern was adjustments to the length. I'm extremely pleased that it worked out and that there was not a lot of tweaking to be done.


2 comments:

  1. How great to have found a pattern that doesn't need a lot of alterations. It looks lovely - the fabric you have used is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I've had the fabric for sometime now, crazy that I didn't think of using it before. And to think I was considering it for the apron! Super happy with the pattern, it is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...