Thursday, 25 August 2011

One more for Mama R

The last dress for Mama R is not exactly the last dress. Mama R likes to keep my busy. So she gave me another piece of fabric from her stash requesting a dress. Another version of the tweaked Vogue 7836 dress (the fabric and dress seen here).

Anyway, it is really nice fabric, a medium weight polyester suiting and it has a bit of stretch. I think that it will work out well. The fabric is wide enough that I was able to lay out the dress front and back pieces side-by-side. That left a significant amount of left over fabric. What to do?  

Mama R decided if there was enough fabric left over that she would like a jacket to go with it, and there was!  

So this will be her new ensemble:  

The pattern for the jacket, Style 2593, is Vintage 1969 from Mama R's pattern stash. I love it! It is a lined jacket with front buttons, paneled front, and darted elbow sleeves. 

I did notice that there is a wee bit of a discrepancy in the measurements from 1969 to present day that I will to take into account before I finish cutting out the jacket.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

In Sewing News Today...

I forgot how happy french seams make me. Giddy happy. I'm currently working on Vogue 1503 which has french seams and a pieced front. I...