Thursday 12 May 2022

Pull-on Pants with Front-facing Cargo pockets: OOP Kwik Sew 3663 and McCall's 6973

Here is one more pair of pull-on pants using out-of-print (OOP) Kwik Sew 3663 and borrowing the cargo pocket from McCall's 6973.  This time around, I eliminated the side pockets from Kwik Sew 3663 and replaced them with two front-facing leg cargo pockets.  These pants will be worn by someone who sits most of the day.  My hope is that these pockets will provide better access.   

The hem is top-stitched with a 1 1/2" hem.  The elastic opening hasn't been closed because I'm not sure if it needs to be tightened.  For some reason these look loose to me.  It's a challenge when you're sewing for someone that is not near by to try them on when you want to check sizing.  These are a gift / charity project.  

The fabric is a beautiful light-weight cotton denim that I had sitting in my stash.  It was pre-treated with a machine wash and dry before moving onto the ironing board for a steam pressing and then the cutting stage.   


Project Details

Seams:  2.8 straight stitch length

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  2 metres

Elastic:  98 cm (38 1/2")

Patterns:  McCall's 6973 and OOP Kwik Sew 3633

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, thumb / hand brace, pins, pin cushion, tailor's chalk, measuring tape, measuring gauge, sewing machine, blind hem foot, regular presser foot, serger, threads, thread clipper, iron, ironing board, and tea breaks.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...