Sunday 8 May 2022

In Sewing News Today...

Even though I am pleased with how the shirt turned out yesterday, the hem length just didn't sit right.  So, after trying it on this morning the shirt ended up back on the table to be tweaked a bit.  

One and a quarter inches were cut and the lower portion of the front facings were open so that I can shorten the length.  If I looked more closely at the notes from the first time I made this shirt I could have avoided this alteration.  Sometimes I forget that I'm not a pattern model size.  

In other sewing news, I'm slowly working through my MMM pledge to edit my wardrobe.  I've been trying on clothes and sorting what can be recycled, donated, or altered.  

These are some of the clothes I pulled out and wore during days five to eight.  I'm starting to notice that I don't usually wear pants unless it's part of a pajama set or I'm doing yardwork.  Other non-garment items used during this time include reusable grocery bags, reusable coffee filters, knickers and my sunglass case.  

Next up on the sewing table are another pair of men's pants.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. That is the loveliest fabric! It's worth it to take that extra time and trouble to turn a garment from "eh...not quite right" into something perfect. I find it too easy not to do this and end up with a garment sitting unworn in the closet when with just a half an hour of effort, it come become well love.

    ReplyDelete

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...