Sunday 1 May 2022

Me Made May 2022 Editing (Day 1): Replacing a Strap


Many moons ago, this purse came with a leather strap.  I still have it hanging around here, unusable for the purpose intended because at one end the hardware piece broke.  


I sat down and went through my sewing notions and came across this chain.  I picked it up at Fabricland years ago when I was thinking about sewing a Chanel inspired cardigan jacket.  Plans often change around here and I've never got around to sewing the jacket even though I gathered much of the supplies.  And at this point in my life, I wouldn't have anywhere to wear such a garment.  But I digress.  

The chain ended up being a perfect alternative for the handbag.  After rummaging though a tool box, I found some tools to help open and close the chain links.  It's easy peasy when you can find the tools to help with the repairs.  Actually, I did repair it once before, no tools required other than the sewing machine.    


It was back in 2020, I believe, that I used a scarf as a strap.  An old recycling trick to make it usable.  I prefer the metal chain, it's more my style and less fussy.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...