Tuesday 24 May 2022

In Sewing News Today...

I've downsizing my pattern collection.  

Many new patterns are showing up on the Etsy shop, patterns that I hoped to sew but never had the time.  

Patterns that no longer fit my current lifestyle.  

Patterns that no longer fit my body shape.

Patterns that no longer fit my mobility.  

A pattern collection that no longer fits my budget reality.  

I hope they find a good home.  

The hardest ones to let go are the Marcy Tilton and kAtheRine Tilton patterns.  

They were the most fun to sew.  

I couldn't let my copy of Butterick 5891 go, it is such a lovely pattern.  


And I'm sure it might make another repeat appearance at the cutting table one day.  

I haven't sewn Vogue 8709 in the past decade.  


But I don't have the heart to let it go.  

I still wear the first version I made over eleven years ago.  

I love the fit especially at the shoulder.  

One day, I will make another version.  

That's the plan.  

It's hard to let patterns go.  

There is a sense of nostalgia woven into them.  

A sense of lost dreams.  

Do you find it hard to let go of previously loved patterns?  

Looking back at days twenty-two to twenty-four, Me-Made-May 2022 has also been about editing and downsizing.  


Most of the items I've been wearing this month are making a repeat appearance.  

When I do chose an item to wear that I don't normally reach for there is a diminished sense of comfort.
  
This year it's all about comfort and easy to wear items.  

Well, that's all in sewing news today.  

Stay Safe & Keep Sewing!  


3 comments:

  1. I have so many patterns that remain untouched and in factory folds. I've come to the conclusion that I've purchased so many patterns because I fell in love with the style and design possibilities. Ninety percent of them will require extensive grading--yet I am still holding on to them. Maybe one day (hopefully soon) I will say goodbye and list them on Ebay. I'm such a sentimental sewist though (hoarder--in plain terms).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a pattern clear out 10-12 years ago. Many were easy to get rid of - the ruffles & frills, the too smalls, the dresses, the duplicates, the ones "they" say I should be sewing. Even so, I kept far too many. Yes, it's hard to get rid of the much loved patterns. If there's a chance you will sew them, it's totally cool to keep them. If you truly aren't going to sew them, frame them and hang them up. Even if you won't enjoy a garment, you can still enjoy the pattern.
    Mobility issues? I hope nothing too serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to frame them, JustGail! I never thought of that, but I'd love to see my beloved patterns even if I haven't sewn them.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...