Monday 2 May 2022

Me Made May 2022 Editing (Day 2): Alterations to a Vintage Skirt

Many moons ago I stumbled across this skirt at a second hand store.  

I was drawn to the lemon printed fabric and then I was sold on the quality of this garment along with the fact that it's cotton.  No man-made fibers lurking here, not even the lining.  It's so comfortable to wear in the hot summer months.  I just wish it was a wee bit longer.  

I do believe that I will get more wear out of this one now that I lowered the hem about an inch and added a seam binding detail to the bottom of the skirt.  All I needed was to stop procrastinating, grab the seam ripper, plug in the iron and dig out the blind hem foot.  I used the blind hem foot as a guide to top-stitch the binding in place after stitching one fold line to the bottom of the skirt.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!


3 comments:

  1. Very nice alteration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it’s a wonderful print. I wouldn’t have thought of the binding but it looks perfect. So, summery.

    ReplyDelete

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

  Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal c...