Friday 6 May 2022

In Sewing News Today...

It's day six into Me-Made-May (MMM) 2022 and so far I've rescued three items and let go of two shirts that just don't quite fit / look good anymore.  Actually, the shirts are at the cutting table waiting to be turned into part of a future patchwork project.  And the buttons have already been harvested for a possible future project.  

I'm really focused on editing my wardrobe this MMM but I am tracking what I'm pulling out to wear as well.  

These are a selection of some of the me-made items that I wore and used in the first four days of MMM.  Me-made items not shown here would be undergarments (knickers, slip and socks).  I'm still wearing facemasks when I am out around people.  I've been doubling up (me-made mask or medical grade along with a KN-95) since most people are not following mask and social distancing recommendations since they dropped mask mandates and testing.  

Now that spring has finally arrived I'm really missing a jean jacket that fits the way I like.  You might remember that I recently finished this one but it's not what I'm reaching for when I need a jacket.  The sleeves are too long and it's on the verge of hitting the editing table.  I am looking at trying another jean jacket pattern, out-of-print McCall's 5191.  

Right now I have a Palmer Pletsch shirt pattern that I am currently working on and I do like the fitting suggestions.  That makes me hopeful this jean jacket pattern will have the fit I'm searching for.  

Well, that's all in sewing news today.

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...