Tuesday 3 May 2022

Me Made May 2022 Editing (Day 3): Oversized Shirt Turned into a Nightshirt

Since I made this shirt, The Assembly Line's (TAL) Oversized shirt, I haven't worn it much. 

Standing below five feet, an oversized shirt is not the best look and I feel frumpy when I wear this shirt.  Add to that the sleeves, even though they were shortened, are much too long for my arms.  I thought I could rescue it from the donate pile if I tweaked it into a sleepwear garment instead.  

All I did was shorten the sleeves just above the placket and finished it with a narrow hem.  It's much too light for a winter type nightshirt but matched up with some leggings, I think it will work as a summer time nightshirt.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...