Tuesday 31 May 2022

Cardigan Sweater: OOP Kwik Sew 4192


I have to admit that it was sad to hear that Kwik Sew patterns are discontinued.  There were some reliable patterns that have crossed over the sewing table over the years.  Out-of-print (OOP) Kwik Sew 4192 is another that will fall under this category.  

This cardigan (view A) is a well-drafted pattern that came together without any issues.  It was an easy project that I was able to whip up in an afternoon and fills my need for a cardigan sweater on this windy and rainy day.  

The only changes I made to the pattern pieces were to shorten the sleeves by an inch and even that wasn't enough so I cut the sleeve hem down another inch and a half.  I will say  I found it does run on the generous side.  The cardigan is a medium but I could go down to a small especially at the shoulder.  

The fabric is a wool knit that has been in the stash for many, many moons.  The fabric has been previously pre-treated when I made this dress.  The finish on the edges is a rolled hem done on my serger.  


Project Details

Seams:  Lightning bolt / knit stitch

Seam finish:  Interior seams are finished on the serger, edges are finished with a rolled hem.  

Fabric:  1.6 metres

Knit 'N Stable tape:  0.2 metres

Pattern:  OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Flip chart paper, markers, ruler, measuring tape, pattern weights, cutting table, iron, ironing board, scissors, thread clippers, sewing machine, walking foot, serger, tweezers, screwdriver and tea.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard that about Kwik Sew and agree with you that it's unfortunate. I had a good number of those patterns and will be sure to hang onto them.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...