Wednesday 29 April 2020

Summer Vogue Patterns!

Oh my goodness what a welcome surprise distraction that Vogue Patterns dropped their Summer pattern collection today.

The first design that caught my attention is the Tom and Linda Platt pattern, Vogue 1691. I adore the loose-fitting style and it quickly came to mind that I have a vintage pattern of a similar style. I can easily adapt the Betty Jackson design, vintage and out-of-print Vogue 1606 to give it a modernized look.   


But let's go back to Vogue's 2020 Summer release because there are so many design elements that are so joyful!  

This Vogue 1708 jumpsuit has a certain level of 1940s beach glamour. It really is a cute design even though it wouldn't make it to my sewing table. It won't fit into the current lifestyle. Hmmm, wonder why sleepwear is absent? On that note, this could be the perfect social distancing in the backyard with a good book and cocktail outfit.  

Marcy Tilton once again did not disappoint with this lovely tunic and dress pattern, Vogue 1694. There seems to be a theme appearing with my favourite picks, ease around the mid-section. Perhaps, I should be sewing workout gear?  

The new summer release has a variety of pant leg styles from fitted as in this Rachel Comey design, Vogue 1704. What I love in this collection is that the pants whether wide legged or fitted, sit at the natural waist or higher.  

Thank you Vogue for the inspiration and the much appreciated distraction!  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...