Tuesday 7 April 2020

Living in Pajamas: Butterick 6296 and Vogue 9217

Yes, I made another pair of pajamas and yes, I will admit that I feel like living in them lately. The only thing that is stopping me is that I don't want to get these dirty.


These pajamas were made with my go-to patterns, Butterick 6296 for the top and out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 9217 for the bottoms. 


The fabric is a medium-weight 100% cotton Pique that has a bit of sheen. Even though the fabric was pretreated prior to hitting the cutting table, I decided to give the bottoms a bit more ease by adding a wee bit to the side seams. Just in case there might be some further shrinkage in the future. Hopefully, this will be an over abundance of caution.   

Same changes to the pattern as the previous one,
  • extended back yoke
  • shortened sleeve 
  • omitted breast pocket and piping.
The pants on this pair have the side pockets, I miss them from the last version. There was an inch added to the pant leg length.   


The Stats


Fabric:  4.5 metres (140 cm width)

Interfacing:  0.80 metres sew-in 

Buttons:  5 recycled buttons

Pattern(s)Butterick 6296 and (OOP) Vogue 9217

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Ironing, ironing board, cutting table, pins, pin cushions, scissors, thread clippers, tailor's chalk, hand needle, threads, sewing machine, walking foot, buttonhole foot, tweezers, screwdriver, safety pins, Jean-a-ma-Jig, serger needle, cutting board, hammer, buttonhole cutter, tailor's wax, sleeve ham and coffee.  

Stay Home & Happy Sewing!
  

2 comments:

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...