Thursday 16 April 2020

It Just Doesn't Feel the Same This Year


One of my favourite National Days is upon us, National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day, and it just doesn't feel the same this year. This could be that I've been spending more time in pajamas that I would otherwise be if it weren't the pandemic measures in effect. Or perhaps it's because my workplace has been shut down?

I just can't seem to get excited about the thought of spending the whole day staying in my pajamas this year. So much so, I got dressed in regular clothes. Shocking, eh? I guess I have become bored with wearing pajamas in the daytime. It doesn't mean that I'm completely out of the festivities. I wouldn't mind sewing another pair of pajamas for when I get out of this funk.


Besides my go-to pajama patterns, Butterick 6296 and out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 9217, I have several options. Yet, I'm thinking something more lounge-y.


I'm looking at making View B in a full length as a possible sleepwear option. I just have to dig through the fabric stash and see what I can try this out in and see if it will spark some of that old excitement for today.

How about you?  Will you wearing or sewing pajamas today?

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Who knew there was a National Wear Your Pajamas to Work day? During normal times it would be a bit problematic for me. Now that I am working from home, no problem. Wish I had known in advance. I do have some great pajama patterns like yours that I could have sewn.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...