Wednesday 8 April 2020

Additional Notes on Sewing Personal Face Masks

Right now I'm focused on sewing the Craft Passion face mask pattern for others. I've read some reviews that say that the sizing is slightly off and I just want to address this issue.  

I find the gauge on the pattern to be true and if your 2" scale doesn't match up check your printer options.  


The default on my printer is for "Fit to Page," change this scale option to "Actual Size" and you should find that this will resolve any sizing difference issue on the scale. 


There two patterns have been printed with both options.  The cut pattern piece was printed using the "Fit to Page" option.  The uncut pattern piece was printed using the "Actual Size" option.  


You'll notice there is a slight difference.  


On another note, here is the latest face masks made today. I was having some fun with Sectrum Noir™ felt markers that I have in my sewing supplies and playing around with the embroidery script feature on my sewing machine.

It reads:  "If you can read this you're standing too close."


Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  

1 comment:

  1. I did find those masks a bit tight, but when you wear glasses that is a good thing as there is less chance of fogging.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...