Monday 13 April 2020

The Unlikely 2020 Spring Fashion Trend

Wow, who would have guessed that face masks would be one of the hottest 2020 Spring fashion trends? Certainly, not I. Otherwise, I would have been sewing these in a psychedelic or polka dot printed fabric.   


Along with this peacock feather printed canvas face mask, I have finished another nine that are ready to send out.


All of these are made out of denim and have a medium weight cotton Pique as a lining. And I'm done.  I've used up all of the appropriate width twill tape, some 3/4" wide twill tape and some grosgrain ribbon. I've even cleaned out my elastic stash of appropriate options.

I'm ready to sew something more creative and challenging.

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  


2 comments:

  1. Good job on the masks. I have a couple more to make for eldest son and I am done.

    Love the peacock one.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. It is a canvas weight 100% cotton fabric that I used to line the cork handbags. Sewing face masks has been a good way to sew with those remnant pieces I had laying around. God bless and stay safe.

      Delete

Wool Winter Coat: OOP Vogue 8934

I know it's officially spring and we didn't even feel like we experienced a winter here this year.  And yet I've been busy sewin...