Thursday 23 April 2020

I've Been Busy & Running Out of Cotton!


Ten scrub caps are done and ready to ship just when the post is announcing delays. I hope these get to their destination quickly.  


No idea on how these will fit but it appears to one size fits all unisex pattern.


They have a tie in the back for size adjustments.


The black and white scrub caps are made with the most beautiful Japanese cotton. I actually picked this up many moons ago thinking about a shirt project. The yellow cotton fabric is a quilting cotton, much more stiff feeling compared to the Japanese cotton. Both fabric even though different to the touch worked well for these caps. These fabrics were pretreated with a tumble through the washer and dryer followed by a steam pressing.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!


2 comments:

  1. You have been busy. I ran out of cotton a little while ago.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been busy. I'm exhausted and I just got another request for four more face masks (I still have denim). But I think I'm going to take a couple of days to recharge before I hit the sewing machine again. Maybe even clean up the workspace mess I made looking for suitable cotton fabrics. Lol, I never thought that I would be sewing this much this month. Stay safe and God bless.

      Delete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...