Monday 27 April 2020

More Face Masks

Just four more face masks.  


The Craft Passion face mask pattern has been updated over on their website and I really like that there is now an optional 1/2" addition for wide cords.  

I did receive some much appreciated feedback from someone.  For a men's size L, cord of 50" (1.3 m) length is the best length. I was guestimating that approximately 44" (1.10 m) would have been a generous length. I was off the mark on that one! And there was also a note that the shoe lace instead of ties were the most comfortable. I agree on the shoe lace observation. I myself prefer it over the twill tape as far as comfort goes. 

Not much else to report on the making of these face mask. The fabric used for these are similar to the others in that they are all cotton. The outer fabric is a denim and the lining is a cotton shirting fabric, all pretreated before hitting the cutting table. I'm running low on mask making supplies so this might well be the last of face mask making.   


The Stats

Fabric:  0.6 metres

Ribbon:  1.10 m

Twill Tape:  0.6 m

Cord:  1.5 m

Bias Tape:  0.6 m


Additional Tools & Supplies:  Scissors, Cutting table, pins, tailor's chalk, pin cushions, iron, ironing board, measuring thread clippers, threads, sewing machine, Jean-a-ma-Jig®, safety pin, and tweezers.  

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...