Thursday 24 March 2022

In Sewing News Today...

Remember when I made this top?  

And I mentioned that it was gifted and well-received?  

That didn't last long.  

lol.  

It ended up back at my sewing table to be fixed.  

It came with a complaint that it was too loose and the neckline was too wide.  

When I made it, I was asked to make sure it was loose.  

This is why I don't love sewing for others.  

I stitched a seam down the centre back with a 3/4" seam allowance.  

The original pattern has a centre back seam.  

It seems to have done the trick.  

But wait for it.  

I'm sure another complaint will come my way.  

That seems to be what happens when I sew for others.  

Either crickets or complaints.  

Remember this one?  

I've offered to fix this after I was told that it was "too big."  

I even tried to make arrangements to have them try it on so I can see the problem in order to fix it.  

Both times they forgot to bring it.  

I've given up, I've tried.  

It just makes me sad at the thought that I wasted that beautiful Katia print fabric on something that didn't fit the person it was made for.  

In a way, I wish I didn't know about the issue.  

I wish if someone tells me about a problem with something I create, that it would be an opportunity for me to fix it.  

That would make me happy.  

Well, I'm off to see if I can fix that jean jacket project I abandoned last year.  

I will certainly be happy if I can fix that one.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...