Monday 21 March 2022

Wool Socks Rock: The Wolf and the Tree Going Rogue Socks

I made one more batch of wool socks.  A previously made batch of five black wool socks have been gifted.  This set of six are all mine.  

These are created just in time of rubber boot season as the mountains of snow are starting to melt.  But I digress...

The fact that I made over a dozen pair of socks, it goes without saying that I do like this pattern for the mini crew sock.  It's the only style that I have sewn even though this pattern contains many style variations.  It  is a quick make and I would recommend it for a beginner for sure.  I do however question the claim that this "can be made from print to sew in well under half an hour!"  Yeah, not quite.  Maybe once you have the pattern printed, taped and cut, then you can start the timer on that claim.  It is indeed a quick sew once you have everything read to go.  

I don't know if I will make anymore Going Rogue socks.  Perhaps for a charity project in the future.  Instead, I will likely give the sock pattern from Sewing Heart Design a try.  It won't be anytime soon.  It's another PDF pattern.  I'm not a huge fan of taping together PDF patterns and this one doesn't have seam allowances.  It just seems like too much work.  

For now, I'm just happy with this addition to my collection of socks.  


Project Details

Seams:  Lightning bolt / knit stitch

Seam finish:  None in the interior, rolled hem on sock upper edge

PatternThe Rogue Sock by The Wolf and the Tree

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, weights, sewing machine, walking foot, thread clippers, serger and thumb brace.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...