Wednesday 16 March 2022

Turning Scraps Into Socks: Going Rogue Again

I haven't stopped sewing socks.  

These are my latest pair made from scrap left-overs from the recent wrap dress and top projects.  And there will be more to come.  

A comment over at Pattern Review sparked a wonderful idea that these would be a thoughtful donation to a homeless shelter.  I know that our church community asks for sock donations at the beginning of the winter season ever year.  And The Wolf and the Tree's Going Rogue sock pattern comes in women's and men's sizes.  Yes, there will defiantly be a plan for more sock sewing.  

Nothing really new to report on this latest version, it's exactly like the cotton knit version I made a couple of days ago.  I just wanted to show 'n tell and record it here on the blog.  


Project Details

Seams:  Lightning bolt / knit stitch

Seam finish:  trimmed interior seam allowance, rolled hem top edge.  

Pattern:  Going Rogue Socks by The Wolf and the Tree

Additional Tool and Supplies:  Cutting table, scissors, pattern weight, sewing machine, walking foot, serger, thread clippers, threads and decaf coffee.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I love them, and am probably going to buy the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...