Saturday 12 March 2022

In Sewing News Today...

This weekend there are some declaring that we reached the 2 year mark in the global pandemic.  

If it feel longer than that, you're right.  

And there are some who are declaring that we're no longer in a pandemic rather an endemic and that we just have to "learn to live with the virus."  

Aplat face masks, circa 2021

Mask mandates are being dropped in two days in this part of the world.  

I'm not thrilled about this new phase of public health announcements, the lack of testing and vaccine inequality.  

I feel that the latest lifting of health measures is to bow down to the anti-maskers who were recently and aggressively occupying strategic locations across the country.  

But I won't be giving up my Dhurata Davies or Aplat face mask patterns anytime soon.  

Mask mandate or no mask mandate, I'll still be wearing a face mask.  

It's hardly an inconvenience when I know I'm protecting others.  

Added bonus, not one cold, flu, or sinus infection since I started wearing the hottest fashion accessory of the past two + years!  

Seriously.  

Face masks have been a blessing.  

Yup, this is one fashion trend I'm not giving up anytime soon.  

✄✄✄✄

The table runners for the church are off the sewing and cutting table, pressed, hand-stitched closed and delivered.  

They turned out better than I hoped.  

Fingers are crossed that they are well-received.  

Actually, they were well-received when I delivered them.  

That was before they were unwrapped and used.  

I guess, I'm just waiting to see how they look on the tables.  

✄✄✄✄

Currently, I've been spending my free time taping my sock PDF patterns together.  

I'm not a fan of PDF patterns.  

And taping.  

I just want to get these cut out and see if the pattern works for me.  

I'm starting with the Going Rogue Socks pattern.  

At this rate of procraftination it might take awhile to show you a completed pair.  

I hope not.  

We'll see.  

Well, that's all in sewing news today.

Stay Safe & Keep Sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...