Saturday 15 January 2022

In Sewing News Today...

Happy National Hat Day!  

Source

This part of the world, tuques rule my winter wear selection.  If tuques are not your thing, there is good news:  Hats are on trend for 2022.  There are many styles to chose from and celebrate.  And if you're looking from something more up-and-coming Alex Kessler wrote a piece on milliners to watch for Vogue Club.  

Now, that I chopped off my hair into a pixie cut, I might have some fun pulling out the hat collection.  

I received feedback on the squirrel print cardigan.  

I failed on the fitting portion of the project.  Boo!  Which is kind of weird because I've previously make two versions of this cardigan / jacket and going by the bust measurement, I was able to get a good fit but for this one it turned out to be "too big."  It made me sad when I think that I wasted that beautiful fabric on something that doesn't fit the person it was made for.  I wonder if it could be fixed?  I have to reach out and offer.    

Sewing bloopers seem to be a thing around the sewing workspace of late.  

Maybe I need to step away from the machine for a bit? 

But there are items waiting to be sewn for others.  

Fingers crossed the upcoming projects are more successful.  

Well that's all in sewing news today.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!  


5 comments:

  1. Were you able to see them in the sweater? Being told something is 'too big' isn't necessarily a good descriptor when you aren't told how it is too big. Perhaps they unused to wearing a sweater coat and were just overwhelmed by the length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No chance yet to see them in the garment. It would be nice if it were a side seam fix. But yes, it could also be a length issue. But that would also surprise me because I made it after they compliment the one I made for myself. I'll have to investigate and see if it could be fixed.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, that is what I am hoping. Stay tuned.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully the cardigan is fixable. That's a tough one!! I have a cousin that has frequently asked me to make her things and 1) no, because, no. But 2) even when I'm willing to consider it, I tell her she HAS to be here. It's just so tough sometimes. There's the pattern fitting but then, as I like to say, "fabric changes fit"! There's always something more to account for.

    ReplyDelete

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...