Wednesday 12 January 2022

Alterations / Mending Project: OOP Butterick 5263

Many moons ago, an apron left the sewing work space and since then it returned for some alterations


It came with a request for a lowered neckline and an alternative to the stitched back.  I cut off the seam binding just below the top-stitching and reinserted another row of seam binding widening the width of the neckline.  


The original pattern calls for a buttoned closure but since this is a single layer of fabric a button and buttonhole closure was not the best option.   


A medium sized snap worked best for this change to an opening in the back from a pullover style.  

Stay Safe and Keep Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...