Thursday 11 January 2024

Stash busting: Pullover Top / OOP Simplicity 2372

There have been more than a few versions of tops, dresses and pants made from out-of-print (OOP) Simplicity 2372 over the decade + some.  What can I say?  It's a great pattern.  



And here is the first 2024 version of OOP Simplicity 2372.  I won't promise that it will be the last.  I'm just letting the fabric stash dictate the 2024 project list.  

This pullover top pattern went through some changes to get to this point.  
  1. The center front and back seams were removed and cut on the fold
  2. Hem length was shortened
  3. Sleeve was changed into a long sleeve style.  
The fabric has been in the stash for about as long as the pattern.  I believe this was a Mitchell Fabric find from back-in-the-day.  The original idea for this fabric was to sew a button front shirt and then Covid happened and sewing face masks became all the rage.  That's when the fabric was cut for the lining of face masks.  And then there wasn't enough for the shirt plans.  So plans changed and with the left over cotton fabric I was able to make a pullover top. 


Project details

Seams:  2.8 straight stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  1 metre

Interfacing:  0.3 metres

Label:  1 KATM label


Pattern
:  OOP Simplicity 2372

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, fabric scissors, pins, measuring tape, ruler, tailor's chalk, pin cushions, measuring gauge, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, cotton thread, Janome serger, tweezers, polyester serger thread, thread clippers, iron, ironing board, hand sewing needle, tailor's wax and a few breaks.  

Happy Sewing!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...