Tuesday 23 January 2024

Stash busting: Merino Wool Tuque

 

A request came in for a wool tuque.  The request was for one similar The Littlest Studio Tuque made in the past but shortened to eliminate the drape effect.  Sounds simple enough but I spent way too much time looking for the pattern because this once free tuque pattern seems to have disappeared from the web.  I didn't find it so instead, I ended up cutting up a cotton knit version I had laying around to copy the pattern.  The seam allowance became the new cutting line in order to achieve a smaller fit along with removing two inches from the length.  Once I gave up looking for the previously used paper pattern, this project came together quickly.  


Project details

Seams:  Knit (lightening bolt) stitch

Seam finish:  None

Fabric:  0.3 metres 

Pattern:  Currently lost 

Additional Tool and Supplies:  Cutting table, fabric scissors, measuring tape, measure gauge, Janome sewing machine, thread, thread clippers and coffee.  

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...