Thursday 4 January 2024

Looking Back at 2023: Plans for 2024

 


Butterick and Simplicity pattern use made up about 50% of the list of 2023 sewing projects.  There was a time when Vogue patterns ruled in the sewing workspace.  Not last year and I predict it will continue into 2024.  I can't really say that new pattern releases from the Big Four pattern companies have been inspiring me to try something new.  Throw in inflation hitting everything sewing related and not, the decreased discount with the Fabricland membership on patterns and the out-of-control shipping costs from ordering online, it all adds up to making what I already have work.  Most projects were sewn with repeat-use patterns or second-hand store and vintage patterns.  


Tops and pants were the most sewn items in 2023.  I didn't have a need for dress up clothes.  Twenty twenty-three was a low-key year.  


A majority of the projects sewn in 2023 were natural fiber fabrics.  Although, there is some room for improvement in the journey to move away from petroleum based fibers.  


There was a drop in charity sewing projects in 2023 from previous years.  Most of the sewing projects for moi reflected a weight gain issue.  And then thanks to Covid, I lost weight by the end of the year.  Sewing for others remains the most rewarding sewing projects of the previous year.  

So, what does this mean for 2024?  Other than finishing some projects already cut out and ready to sew, only God knows!  We'll just have to wait and see.  

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...