Monday 4 May 2020

Tres Chic! Scrub Caps

This Parisian landscape print cotton fabric was wide enough that I was able to cut the bands across the width. This made me so happy! The other fabrics used for the scrub caps were of a narrower width and I have to fold over the fabric lengthwise to make it work. Otherwise with the one-way design of this fabric it wouldn't have worked for the project. 


I'm able to make four scrub caps from this yardage of fabric. This has been in the stash for quite some time and originates from Mitchell Fabrics back-in-the-day when they were open. It's a really nice cotton, weight-wise and softness. Gosh, I really miss the quality of fabrics I used to find at Mitchell Fabrics.  


Just a note on the pattern, check the scale. I wasn't able to print it without taking out a pencil and curve ruler to adjust the pattern. On the up side, the pattern is equipped with many arrows documenting the lengths and widths that certain points in the pattern should be making adjustments easy to do.


The Stats

Fabric:  2 metres


Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, tailor's chalk, pin cushions, scissors, thread clippers, iron, ironing board, sewing machine, thread, carrot cake and coffee.  

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...