Wednesday 6 May 2020

More Face Masks


Sewing masks is an act of charity for me, it's not something that I'm doing as a side gig. I tell you if there is someone who has access to the supplies and desire to sew this season's hottest fashion accessory they can have a sweet little side gig. The demand is huge.  


All of these were made with denim on the outside and whatever dark lining fabrics I could find. Seven of them are lined with leftover pieces of the beautiful Japanese cotton that were used for the scrub caps.  


There are three lined with The Walking Dead cotton print fabric. I have previously cut squares pieces of this print for microwave cozies. Since these were dark, I asked if it was "too much?" for a face mask during a pandemic.  The response was "no," so onto the cutting table it went.  


And the last request was for two white and one black. Finding white cotton in the stash was easy and the soccer ball print is another dark fabric from the microwave cozy collection of fabrics.  



The Stats

Fabric:  0.6 metres

Seam binding:  11.1 metres (sewn closed and used for ties)

Twill tape:  0.90 metres

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, iron, ironing board, tailor's chalk, scissors, pins, pin cushion, thread clippers, and tea.  


Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...