Jungle January is under way over at Pretty Grievances and I'm still planning my journey.
I've been looking forward to this style safari. And this will fall right into my stash busting 2013 challenge.
The real challenge is deciding on what to tame these wild beasts into; a dress, hat, shirt, scarf?
I have three animal prints to take along my walk on the wild side. First up, this knit that has been in my fabric stash for over a year now.
I picked it up thinking of making it into a sweater using Vogue 1261. Now, after viewing Ann's inspiration photos I think that would just be boring.
McCall's 6612 would be more appropriate. Yup, this is the match I was looking for. I've altered the shape of the pattern and I'm going to make the version with sleeves. Fingers crossed it works out.
This green and black fun fur animal print was found at Mitchell Fabrics last fall. I hope to make it into something fun for Jungle January. Perhaps a muff? I've always wanted a hand muff. But then I could also make a hat.
I picked this 2 m piece with the thought of making a shirt using Burda 7188. But I'm not completely sold on the idea. Oh decisions, decisions!
I made another Eva dress and this time I incorporated the seam allowance error of the first one into this project. The additional width o...
If you follow on instagram you already know that I'm coloured impressed by the amazing service I received from Tessuti Fabrics. ...
But my goodness, is it ever comfortable. So, I'm good with it. Late last night when I couldn't sleep because I was coughin...
This is the second version of Butterick 6026 and I'm really pleased with how this version turned out. The pin tucks stand out in a sol...
This is my first project using Tessuti patterns and I'm even more impressed with how it turned out than I was when the patterns arrived...
I stopped in at Marshall / Northwest Fabrics and was surprised when I came across this, picot elastic! There's an assortment of ...