Tuesday 8 January 2013

In Sewing News Today...

Well, my Christmas lay-off is officially over and I'm back to work this week. [sigh of relief] Lay-offs are tough even though I will miss the extra free time to sew.

I managed to get a bit of sewing done and to get several projects cut and ready to go.

First up, will be this vintage Simplicity pattern. I picked it up last year over at etsy.com with Mama R in mind.

She gave the green light on the pattern and handed over some navy mystery fabric that has been in her own stash for some time. The stash busting continues.

I also want to continue working on that quilt. My goodness, it is taking me much more time than I thought it would.
Wonder if I could finish it up this year?

I have this double faced fabric that is fleece on one side and knit on the other.

It is cut out using Vogue 8854.
These two Vogue patterns are finally cut also. Vogue 8835 is cut out in a plaid wool and I even have enough fabric for a purse. Wonder if there is enough for a vest instead?

Vogue 1306 is cut out in a yellow and black polka dot knit. I think it will be cute for the summer.

I even had enough left over fabric to squeeze out a baby sleeper.


And then there is the McCall's 9264 dress cut in the floral print.

Perfect for Valentine's, not that I have any big plans for Valentine's Day or anything.


Besides a few other surprises up my sleeves, this should keep me busy for the next little while.

Happy Sewing!


5 comments:

  1. Busy!!! Sounds like you went back to work to have a rest from sewing and cutting...can't wait to see this lot finished and photographed...soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday, I fell asleep by 8 p.m., this work stuff is hard. I got a wee bit of sewing done tonight, but nothing ready to photograph. Soon I hope.

      Delete
  2. busy plans, love busy girls as I can always be inspired x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I love being busy and having plans!

    Lovely fabric too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching your 1306 progress- I want one of those!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...