Thursday 3 January 2013

Jungle January

Jungle January is under way over at Pretty Grievances and I'm still planning my journey.


I've been looking forward to this style safari. And this will fall right into my stash busting 2013 challenge.

The real challenge is deciding on what to tame these wild beasts into; a dress, hat, shirt, scarf?

I have three animal prints to take along my walk on the wild side.  First up, this knit that has been in my fabric stash for over a year now.

I picked it up thinking of making it into a sweater using Vogue 1261. Now, after viewing Ann's inspiration photos I think that would just be boring.

Now, I think McCall's 6612 would be more appropriate. Yup, this is the match I was looking for. I've altered the shape of the pattern and I'm going to make the version with sleeves. Fingers crossed it works out.



This green and black fun fur animal print was found at Mitchell Fabrics last fall. I hope to make it into something fun for Jungle January. Perhaps a muff? I've always wanted a hand muff. But then I could also make a hat.



And finally this 100% polyester I picked up from Fabricland a few days ago. When I was at the store I thought it had more a green colour to it but I was so wrong. I don't know that I was thinking!

I picked this 2 m piece with the thought of making a shirt using Burda 7188. But I'm not completely sold on the idea. Oh decisions, decisions!

Happy Sewing!



4 comments:

  1. Wow you have a few good choices of fabric. Love the idea of a hat in the fur, that would be such fun! I have my fabric, but no idea what pattern or style to use; best make a decision soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyond the dress decision I'm undecided too.

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous! I want to stroke them muchly.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I finished my first January Jungle project last night, the post is coming up on the weekend.

      Delete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...