Wednesday 9 January 2013

A polar fleece for moi!

This is what I am working on right now, a polar fleece for moi!

Last year I picked up this double sided knit and fleece with Vogue 8839 in mind. But when Vogue 8854 was released I changed my mind. I thought this pattern looked so cozy, I just couldn't resist.

This will be the first fleece that I have made for myself. It seems odd saying that considering the number of fleeces that I have made for others over the past. I just never got around to making one for myself until now.

To piece together this project I am staying loyal to my walking foot and a knit stitch on my machine. I think this walking foot might be one of my all time favourite sewing machine attachments. I can't seem to sing it praises enough.

I'm living dangerously and embracing the horizontal design of this fabric. It might make me look fat but I'm going to throw caution to the wind. Besides, it is winter in Winnipeg, ski-pants already make me look fat. This will keep me toasty and that's good enough for me.

It is almost done but I have to stop now and call it a night. I likely won't be able to finish this until Thursday after work but I thought I would post a sneak peak of what is coming up.

Happy Sewing!




2 comments:

  1. This does look cozy and I love the warmth and lightness of polarfleece in the winter. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've embraced the horizontal design of the fabric - I would've done the same thing because the print is so fun :) Yay for cozy winter sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Wool cardigan / OOP Kwik Sew 4192

Back in September, I made a simple pull-on  wool knit skirt with the intention of sewing a matching pullover top  to go with it.  The pullo...