Friday 19 April 2024

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790


Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tried and true pattern, OOP Butterick 5790.  I know that I will get lots of wear from this skirt over the summer, it's comfortable and it will go with tops already in rotation.  It's a win.   

This medium weight cotton knit fabric has been in the stash for decades.  It was pretreated with a tumble through the washing machine and dryer before hitting the cutting table.  


Project details

Seams:  Knit (lightning bolt) stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Hem finish:  Cover stitched

Fabric:  1 metre

Elastic:  1 metre

Pattern:  OOP Butterick 5790

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Cutting table, pins, pin cushion, fabric scissors, measuring gauge, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, Janome serger, threads, thread clipper, Janome cover stitch machine, iron, ironing board, safety pins and tea.  

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...