Saturday 27 April 2024

Upcycled Project: Dress to Sweatshirt / OOP Simplicity 8529

 


Changing over the closet as spring and summer approach is also a time to reassess what items should be packed away for the next seasonal change over.  


Three and a half years ago I made a dress with the red sweatshirt fabric used in this sweatshirt project.  I haven't worn the dress all that much over the past couple of winters and now that I'm supposed to wear a scoliosis back brace I don't know how I would manage to put it on.  An oversized sweatshirt is more my preference now-a-days.  

I was able to harvest most of the fabric from the dress with the exception of the sleeves.  The sleeves and a small portion of the bodice front were cut from left over scrap fabric from this sweatpants project.  


Project details

Seams:  Knit stitch

Seam finish:  Serged

Fabric:  Upcycled


Pattern
:  OOP Simplicity 8529

Additional Tools and Supplies:  Fabric scissors, iron, ironing board, Janome sewing machine, walking foot, Jean-a-ma-Jig, Janome serger, threads, thread clippers and a break or two.  

Happy Sewing!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...