Saturday 20 April 2024

Lowering the White Flag: The DVF Reissued 50th Anniversary Wrap Dress / Vogue 2000

 


I have to admit, I do like this DVF wrap dress that Vogue patterns re-issued earlier this year.  I'm just sad that this one doesn't fit me very well.  I made a size 14 and the bust dart sits too high and there is not enough coverage in the front to feel comfortable to wear it out into the public sphere.  I finished it because I found someone who likes it and it will soon be gifted to them.  I'm glad it's going to a good home.  

I did pick up another copy of the pattern, this time in the larger size range.  And I do intend to make another version that I hope I can fix the fitting issues I had with this one.  Last month when I posted about my wrap dress woes, Victoria commented with a link to an article on raising the neckline on a wrap dress.  Thank you!  I'm going to keep these tips in mind for the next one.  

Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me Made May 2024

  This year for Me Made May, I pledge to mend, care and wear my me-made items and the items that no longer fit into my life I will refashion...