Monday 24 May 2021

Me Made May 2021: The Long Weekend Edition

 


Friday marks the beginning of the Victoria Long Weekend here in Canada and in some much warmer parts of the country this might be considered the "unofficial start of summer."  Not here in the prairies which is a good thing considering that this province is currently the Covid hot-spot in the country.  Maybe all the needed and welcomed rain and thunderstorms will make people finally stay put and keep others safe.  One can only hope.  

To take the chill off from working in air-conditioning and the few moments outside I layered up in all the wool I could get my hands on.  I even wore gloves for an outdoor duty today.  This boiled wool jacket, circa 2020, Butterick 6244, was in between the layers of RTW items. Sleepwear this evening had to be the cotton flannel pajama set and the cooler rainy day made me wish I had some flannel fabric in the stash to sew up another pair.  

Woke up early Saturday morning to a much needed thunderstorm.  So thankful for the rain even though it meant the risk of being rained on while lining up to get into the store for groceries. This meant dressing in layers.  Jeans, circa 2020, Butterick 5682 worn with a cotton knit floral top, circa 2017, Vogue 9028, a RTW denim jacket.  That's right, I wore a Canadian tuxedo.  And just to cover up this fashion faux pas I threw the boiled wool jacket, circa 2020, Butterick 6244 over the denim jacket. 

Continuing on the theme of layer dressing, I also double-masked while in line and grocery shopping, a Dhurata Davies facemask, circa 2020, against my face and a KN95 disposable face mask over top. I changed clothes when I came home from grocery shopping into a pair of wool pants, circa 2019, Vogue 1642, cotton knit t-shirt, circa 2018, OOP Vogue 1306, and a sweatshirt fleece hoodie, circa 2015, Butterick 6253.  Sleepwear was a cotton knit nightgown, circa 2020, vintage Butterick 5517.    


Lockdown Sunday was all about staying in and spending time at home.  This cotton canvas weight dress, circa 2020, vintage Vogue 1606 was worn during the day followed by a cotton knit nightgown, circa 2020, vintage Butterick 5517.  


Today is a long weekend, woohoo!  It was nice to have another day to catch up on things.  I threw on the same dress I wore yesterday to start my day outdoor tending to the plants. (Details above), I'm not dressing to impress here and since we're now considered the Covid-19 hotspot not only in Canada, also the U.S., I really didn't care about getting dressed today.  I was so disappointed waking up yet another news story of people ignoring Covid restrictions.  It really has become the wild west of the pandemic in this part of the country.  Sigh.  After enjoying some outdoor time, listening to the birds singing, I came in looking forward to spending time in my pajamas, circa 2018-19, and taking care of indoor chores.  

Tomorrow, I'll have to get dressed.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...