Friday 24 May 2019

Finally!

I cut out the pattern for this flannel pajama shirt the same time that I cut out this project. Nearly six months later, I present the remaining piece to this set.  


Just in time for the upcoming air-conditioner season.  Butterick 6296 is a pattern I've sewn before.


  
And it is an exact copy. I made sure to add the deep back neck facing that was featured in a Vogue article by Kathryn Brenne. It's one of my favourite features of this pajama top. That and the plaid wearing moose print. I think this print is just adorable. I couldn't wait to put them on, I'm wearing them now.  


The Stats

Fabric:  2 metres 

Interfacing:  1 metre

Buttons:  4 - 5/8" vintage suit buttons

PatternButterick 6296

Additional Supplies and Tools:  Cutting table, pins, scissors, thread clippers, pin cushions, sewing machine, walking foot, buttonhole foot, regular sewing machine foot, sewing machine, threads, screwdriver, seam ripper, and a chai tea latte.  

Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. Cute, enjoy when winter comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I actually am wearing them right now! LOL, It's was a rainy day yesterday, seemed like the perfect set for the weather.

      Delete
  2. I love back neck facings on pyjamas too. I must search out that article.

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Cotton Knit Tee / Closet Core Ebony

  This is the third version of Closet Core's Ebony t-shirt pattern and it's my favourite one.  There were small subtle changes to t...