Monday 24 May 2021

Monday's Mending Pile

This dress ended up on the mending pile a week ago when I was kneeling on the lower hem and tried to maneuver. The rip happened at the lower button region.   


Thankfully, there was a remnant piece of this fabric left over and I made myself a patch, removed the button and tried to match the stripes.  

I could have used some Wonder Tape™ here but I'm down to my last roll and they no longer carry it at Fabricland.  I'm saving that last package until I can find another source that is not Amazon or an Etsy shop with crazy shipping costs.  But I digress...


Not perfect, but good enough considering that this patch and the front buttons are hidden under a front wrap.  The button is sewn and this dress is ready for another wear. Maybe in time to make another Me-Made-May appearance.  


This shirt hasn't seen the light of day for quite some time.  Last year it was packed away because it was too snug around the mid-section but this year it might be wearable. I just didn't like the way the neckline drooped so I put another button and buttonhole on the collar band.  


I came home one day not noticing that the underwire of my RTW bra was trying to escape.  Don't ask me how I didn't notice it sliding up my front.  I have no clue.  Thankfully this was an easy fix.  I just slide the wire back in place and stitched the hole close.  And then for some added protection, I went searching for something to double seal the spot the underwire was tunneling through. I stitched in place a folded over piece of ribbon.     

Well, that takes care of the mending pile this week. 

Stay Safe and Happy Mending!  

1 comment:

  1. What great tips. I always wondered about the wired bras. I would sew them back securely to find them coming back out. I will be trying the ribbon suggestion. Thanks and HAPPY CREATING ... FIESTA :)

    ReplyDelete

Stash busting: Pullover Skirt / OOP Butterick 5790

Do I need another pull-on maxi skirt?  Not really, this project is all about stash busting this small piece of cotton knit fabric with a tri...