Saturday 1 May 2021

Me Made May 2021: Day 1


Yup, that sums up this past pandemic year. Pandemic pounds and the struggle to find me-made clothes that I find comfortable to wear is real. This past year, I rarely found myself able to comfortably move my good wool pants. Thank goodness for a mild winter and roomy shirt dresses. But I digress...  

Here is a tally of today's eleven me-made items:  

Cotton knit T-shirt, Vogue 9057, circa 2017.  It was paired with a navy cotton sateen skirt, out-of-print (OOP) Vogue 1247, circa 2018. My cork eyeglass case, circa 2020, was reached for today. Not shown is a pair of me-made panties, circa 2017.  

Concern of the rising Covid-19 case counts and test positivity rates means a change of clothes upon the return home. So there were two day-time hour outfits worn today.  Cotton with stretch black and white print dress, circa 2020, Vogues 9237 and 9057 worn with a RTW and many-times mended black cotton knit front buttoned sweater and leggings. 

Since it wasn't quite warm enough when I ventured outside, I grabbed my reversible jacket OOP vintage McCall's 2495, circa 2021, flipping it to the red wool side before running out the door.  

For a recent make, this little jacket has been worn a lot this year. There was no me-made face mask worn today as they are all in the wash. A disposable face mask was worn. Mental note: sew more reusable face masks when the sewing mojo returns.  


Me-made reusable grocery bags were used today while out doing errands, circa 2021, OOP McCall's 4851.   

Sleepwear:  It was a hectic week and I figure I deserve to wear silk pajamas, circa 2020, pajama top was made with Butterick 6296 and the bottoms with OOP Vogue 9217.  Kept the day-time outfit on for my afternoon nap. I so needed that nap! 

Stay Safe and Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...