Monday 8 June 2020

Cork Eyeglass Case: Sew Sweetness

There was some small pieces of cork scraps hanging around from the cork handbags I made last year. Enough yardage to make an eyeglass case for my sunglasses.  


I used the Sew Sweetness Cork Eyeglass Case pattern.  I did make a small change, cutting two of each pattern piece instead of the one layer called for in the video. This one is now lined with cork fabric.   


I used a snap for the closure and stitched it with denim thread.  It was a quick and easy project.  


The Stats

Fabric:  36 cm x 25 cm piece

Snap:  1 pearl snap

PatternSew Sweetness Cork Eyeglass Case (free PDF pattern)

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, Clover Iron-on Transfer Pencil, scissors, basting tape, sewing machine, denim sewing machine needle, thread, walking foot, zipper foot (for sewing the edge near the snap), Klikit (for attaching the snap) and hammer.  

Stay Safe, Be Kind and Happy Sewing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...