Sunday 7 June 2020

Linen Pants: Vogue 1642


There's a need for a new pair of pants to accommodate the pandemic pounds that have been creeping on these past few months. But I digress...

Vogue 1642 is the perfect option for a comfortable pull-on pants. These are the forth pair of pants I have made with this pattern. I really like the flat darted front with the back elasticized waist. Favourite part of these pants are the wide legs and side in-seam pockets. Oh and the fact that they sit at the waist are what make them so comfy. 

There were some small changes / alterations made to the pattern. Of course, I had to shorten hem. I shortened the hem by four inches, shortened the left pant leg another 5/8" before sewing a one inch hem. The pants were cut half way between a large and X-large from the side seam. The front darts were sewn at the large dart markings.  


The fabric is a 100% linen that has been in the stash for many moons. I picked this piece of fabric up when it hit the sale section of the fabric store. I'll admit that with the price of linen now-a-days there was some fear to cut into this fabric. There was a sign of relief that it turned out. The fabric was pre-treated with a tumble in the washing machine and dryer before hitting the ironing board for a steam pressing. The pants will be hand washed going forward.  


The Stats

Fabric:  2.15 metres (147 cm wide)

Elastic:  1.2 metres (1.3 cm wide)

PatternVogue 1642

Additional Tools & Supplies:  Cutting table, measuring tape, pins, pin cushion, scissors, tailor's chalk, sewing machine, serger, tweezers, threads (cotton for the sewing machine, polyester for the serger), safety pins, thread clippers, iron, ironing board, and a sleeve ham.    

Stay Safe, Be Kind and Happy Sewing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cotton Summer Dress: Butterick 6784

Ever since I made this version of Butterick 6784 last summer, I was smitten over this kAtheRine Tilton design with its Lagenlook vibe.  I ...